|The Other Side|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Alan Hunter, Marilyn Casky, Barbara Sohmers, Arthur Miller, Richard Bower, Tim Jerome, Mark Hammer, Joseph Palmieri, Larry Block, Joe Frank|
|Followed by:||In The Dark (Remix)|
"Images of the city at night. People hurry along with umbrellas."
- Religious orders
- Bizarre boxing match
- A presidential address
- Interrogation of man regarding an explosion
- Dialog with the man's wife
- Lectures on Electrocism and Naturism
- Actor's monologue on suicide techniques
- Taxicab at suicide bridge
- "Something is missing from my life" discussion
- The president talks about eating nothing as a child, reads the children's questions monologue ("if I don't like it, why do I have to eat it?")
- A man attends his own funeral.
Please see guidelines on commentary and share your personal thoughts in this section.
This is one of the best radio play programs to introduce to newbies. Of the three different programs containing the same material (with Tour Of The City, A (Part 1) and Nightride), this is the the most humorous and upbeat. Absent is much of the husband and wife dialog, and the structured narrative that is apparent in A Tour of the City. Instead we've treated to a series of scenes which seem to be connected only by a common tone. Although some beautiful acting has been removed, I prefer this tighter edit.