In The Middle Of Nowhere (Part 1)
|Work In Progress|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Tim Jerome, Larry Block, Arthur Miller, Nick Ullett, Laura Esterman, Ryan Cutrona|
|Scripted Actors, 1 hour|
|Preceded by:||Rent A Family (Part 3)|
|Followed by:||In The Middle Of Nowhere (Part 2)|
"Oh oh God, oh my arm!."
Cast of characters
- An unnamed prospector (Nick Ullett)
- Bud (Larry Block), a traveling salesman
- Ray (Ryan Cutrona, who owns the local road house
- Charlene (Laura Estermann), a road house dancer
- Rider (Tim Jerome), an ambulance driver
- A prospector is hit by an ambulance, taken on a long circuitous route toward a hospital, and is eventually thrown off a cliff by the driver.
- Bud, a traveling religious item salesman on his way to Paradise talks with a local in a road house: portable confessionals, the middle of nowhere, mysteries of the universe, seers, comparing a map with a hand.
- Ray, the ambulance driver talks to a therapist or religious-leader about having lost his way: "I don't have a name, I don't have a place of birth. . ."
Please see guidelines on commentary and share your personal thoughts in this section.
This is a gorgeous, sprawling adventure, with some of the best dialog every captured on tape. After realizing that it's possible to create radio like this, one can only weep to think of the time and tape wasted on hokey comedies and oh George, don't you just adore the daffodils style BBC plays.
I recommend listening to them back to back with a good pair of headphones. There's a lot of stereo structure in the dialog.